The gr8ful grind: I've got ramblin' on my mind...

Let go of anger; It's an acid that eats away the delicate layers of your happiness

The reverse side has also its reverse side

Friday, September 17, 2004

I've got ramblin' on my mind...

I'm still wrestling with the urge to contact my friend who is a state senator for a meeting on how to get some momentum going in reining in the political hatred now so evident today. I've jsut gotta find the time, which is difficult to do since I'm attempting to get a bond levy passed for a community swimming pool, running for the board of directors to run said swimming pool, having to teach high school journalists how to take photos of sporting events, working with the service club to which I belong, do my regular 8-4:30 job, and take care of my contemplative garden.

And Sunday I leave for Arizona for a week.

And the leaves will soon be falling off the elm trees that surround my yard.

And the Ducks are playin' football again.

My longtime hobby of trading live musical performances has taken a back seat--er--better make that changed freeways completely, as I've not really done any trading since--well for a while now. Perhaps that'll change with the coming of winter. Who knows?

My meditation grows somewhat restless lately, as well. Perhaps this vacation is just what I need to recharge the old batteries. And those batteries will be 55 next week.

I'm looking forward to Sedona. I've heard interesting things about it: it's an artist colony, it's really new age, it's gotta hummmmmmmmmmmmmm. It would be interesting to also explore some of the Anasazi ruins in northern Arizona, but I don't think I'll have the time to get that done.

Anyway, just thought it was time to write a rambling post and I see I've accomplished that. Now, back to your regularly scheduled falderall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I like your blog. Blogger Profiles told me that today is your birthday, so thought I'd stop by and say Happy Birthday Stranger. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Megan
http://meggrimm.blogspot.com

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home