The gr8ful grind: 15 minutes of fame

Let go of anger; It's an acid that eats away the delicate layers of your happiness

The reverse side has also its reverse side

Friday, September 02, 2005

15 minutes of fame

If you look in the archives at the photo for Feb. 25, 2005, you'll see a picture I took in Portland's Classical Rose Garden of Mt. Hood rising above downtown Portland. A month or two ago, I received an email from someone in the San Francisco Bay area who worked for a production company wanting to know if I would give my permission for the photograph to be used during a presentation.

It semed this company's client was giving a talk in Utah on global warming, and was going to use Portland as an example of a major city that had rolled back emissions and polution particles to pre-1980 levels. I was told the speaker would be using this photo on a overhead while talking about the Portland portion of the address.

Of course, I am strongly environmental, so I gave my permission along with asking the question whom it was that would be giving the address. The follow up email informed me the person giving the address was former Vice President Al Gore, and he would be addressing governors.

Needless to say, my ego immediately presented itself and I found myself flattered.

Well yesterday I received another email from a production company in the Los Angeles area indicating they were making a documentary on Al Gore's presentations regarding the enviroment and wanted permission to use it in the film. Of course, I agreed.

At least they both asked, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger ambar said...

Congratulations! You can now boast that your photographs really are exhibition quality stuff! ;)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Pearl Pocock said...

Congrats! We never know when doing what we love most will fall into place to have an impact. Do what you love and the world will use it well.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home