The gr8ful grind

Let go of anger; It's an acid that eats away the delicate layers of your happiness

The reverse side has also its reverse side

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

If Americans want to see antiquity here in the US, they pretty much travel to a remote area where indigenous peoples have long ago abandoned what they are looking at (See my photos in the archives from SW Arizona as an example). One of the truly great things about visiting Europe is that one can see antiquity that is still in use. This pic is a photo of a portion of the inside of the Saint-Louis-en-I'Ile Church on the I'le de St. Louis, in the middle of the Seine River. From all the plaques and such that I read/saw inside, it appears to have been in continuous use since the early 1600s. (Click on the photo for incredibly more detail) Paris, France; September, 2011.

1 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

I am guessing you gave already left Europe? We will be in Paris on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This particular picture reminds me to look up and notice the beauty!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home