The gr8ful grind: A contest of sorts

Let go of anger; It's an acid that eats away the delicate layers of your happiness

The reverse side has also its reverse side

Thursday, February 10, 2005

A contest of sorts

Starting with my February 2 post, there has been a theme to the photos I have put up on the site. Sometimes it is easier to detect what the theme is than at others. And admittedly, today's photo is a bit of a pun on that theme. But the first reader who first posts here with the correct answer to the theme will win an enlargement of any photo of mine posted on the blog. The winner gets to choose which photo they would like to have.

To keep this from going on through next summer, the contest will end at 10 PM (Pacific Standard Time), Thursday, Feb. 17, 2005. If no one correctly answers the theme, no photo will be awarded.

Go.


3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I think the theme is "moving rock".

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, you do have me stumpted. The only link I can see solidly is "new beginnings" it seems to also fit that they are all "new beginnings on a rock foundation"

the trees are obvious for this, Mount Washington is unclear unless it's a reference to the fact that it was self made...rather I think you are referring to Black Butte Ranch which was the first community of its kind; A lava flow is inherently a new ground; I don't know about the reference to FLW's art piece but you could be referring to Taliesin West which was the first educational institution of its kind and we all know that FLW liked to build on rock in unique inovative ways that changed architecture and thought; the Asian structure is posted on Chinese New Year...could it also be shinto? picking up on a "living in concert with nature theme?" I know very little about Asian architecture; the bridge you say is new...and it meets the duality requirement especially if it also connects East and West as the Asian structure in B.C. does; I don't know Little Feet so can make no guesses on the relevance here (but thanks for introducing me to Rag, Mama Rag...was fun)...I could I be really reaching here??? may just be coincidental to your intent but thanks for the game.

Here's my brainstorm of possibles:
These themes tye in w/ the New Beginnings concept and seem to weave in an out of them:
unique creations on/from rock foundations

duality: east meets west/life in "dead" rock/foundation and ascension/canyon-gap and bridge-connection/

ancient rock with new creation/life

innovation/new intention within what seems to be static places

movement/assention/life within static places

life/creation in consort with nature

12:24 AM  
Blogger elzie said...

I am not certain how I found you, maybe through Sarcastic J. - but I just wished to say I enjoy your blog and your pictures are awesome!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home