The gr8ful grind: A not so mighty wind

Let go of anger; It's an acid that eats away the delicate layers of your happiness

The reverse side has also its reverse side

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

A not so mighty wind

That's what it was. Hardly noticable, really. But it cracked a couple of huge limbs off the Chinese elm in my front yard last night. Next thing you know, I gotta get up on the roof with the chain saw and begin the Paul Bunyon act. But it wasn't long before I realized the biggest of the limbs was resting on a couple of power lines.

So I climbed down and called the power company, who told me not to do anything until their guy arrives. A couple of hours later the fellow pulls up in his cherry picker truck with the big spotlight to shine a beam in the dark. Upward springs the beam and he's able to see where the wire is holding the limb off the roof. He's very reluctant to trim anything because, as he tells me, the main part of the limb will come down on my house and he won't be responsible for that. He's calling tree trimmers this morning and they'll have to deal with it.

I'm not complaining. I've seen the news footage of what's going on on the East Coast right now. Much higher winds, heavy rains, flooding, dogs and cats living together, all manner of tribulations

Gotta go get a couple of things done and then I'll make another post....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home