The gr8ful grind: Unsatisfactoriness

Let go of anger; It's an acid that eats away the delicate layers of your happiness

The reverse side has also its reverse side

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Unsatisfactoriness

I am getting really sick of this entire political cycle and how devisive we've become.  I guess it has something to do with the fact we're in about the same level of controversy over our current world actions that we were during the Vietnam war. Only this time around, it isn't as much fun for me as it was back then.

But this polarization we're going through is reallyl discomforting.  I had spent the past decade or two finally being able to actually draw close to those who didn't share my particular point of view, allowing for the richness of diverse perspectives. 

But what were once mild differences are quickly becoming chasms of outrage and intolerance.   Sometimes, it seems as though even my close friends are becoming intolerant, even for actions not politically associated.

And there's the finger pointing, posturing, skullduggery.  The old boss wants to keep his position at whatever cost,  while the new boss wants to get that position at whatever cost.  I suppose it's indicative of what's at stake.

I realize this is a rather simplistic view of a very, very complex problem, but it's invading mys pace and I find myself blasted with unsatisfactoriness.  I can't really fathom why people can't see the best way to proceed.  It's the old greed, hatred and delusion outlined by Buddha, I guess.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home