The gr8ful grind: Spam names

Let go of anger; It's an acid that eats away the delicate layers of your happiness

The reverse side has also its reverse side

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Spam names

I have a web site...no, not this one.  A real one.  I use it to trade live musical performances by acts I enjoy.  Anyway, because I want other traders to contact me to increase my circle of show access, I have my email address at the bottom so they can contact me.
 
 
Well, the spammers have found it and for a while I was getting 40 or so emails per day, 80% or more of which were from people wanting to increase my penis size, my breast size, my mortgage payment, or sell my chemicals that will make my erections last so long I hafta go see a doctor.  So when my ISP finally offered an extra-strength spam filter for only $1 more per month, I jumped on it.  The only thing is, I now only get 3 or 4 emails per day.  I feel much less popular, even if now I'm no longer tempted to buy perfect imitations of expensive watches.
 
So the filter sends me a daily report of what was filtered out in case something I don't want filtered is ...uhm... filtered.  Did you get that?  Anyway, one of my newer forms of enteraintment now is to read the names the spammers put as whom it is the email is from.  Many of them are either very close to the name of someone real and famous, or the combination of an Anglo name and a Latino name.  sometimes, a sister or brother of a previous spammer show up. I've begun to save some of the ones I find more interesting.  They are below:
 
hermina price
Saundra Dillard
Elvis Bowen
Galvanize E. Climbs
Domingo Perkins
Edgardo Connor
zenobia price
Miguel Blount
Bok Egner
Hormone K. Yak
Fidel Mcdermott
Jasper H. Felton
Joesph Molina
Spencer Sierra
Elaine Feliciano
Nicky Nelson
Threnodies A. Meanings
Jeannette Macdonald
Humberto Johnston
Throwback E. Wetland
Prince Atkinson
Dollie Messing
Hilary Delarosa
Reyes Hahn
Troth C. Outlying

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home